Happy New Year!
New year, new resolutions… new eThink website! One of the gifts we got from Santa this year is a new and improved website (we have been VERY good)! As we move full speed ahead into the New Year, we’re excited to begin sharing weekly tips, tidbits, eThink news, and industry insights with you through the eThink blog. To start, we’d like to invite you to join us as we reflect on a year filled with happy customers and exciting growth for our company!
If you are new to eThink, here’s a little bit about us…
eThink was founded in 2008 with the purpose of providing institutions and organizations with fully-managed Moodle services to help them meet their eLearning needs. With industry-leading support and hosting, we make it easy to utilize Moodle, the most widely used learning platform in the world.
At eThink, we understand the importance of being able to rely on your LMS provider for great support, fast service, and expert advice. When your provider is also your partner in eLearning success, you sleep better at night. And, knowing that our clients are happy, we do too!
Here are some of eThink’s 2016 milestones…
Becoming an Official Moodle Partner
Welcoming New EdTech Partners
To provide our clients with access to the best eLearning tools in the market, eThink forms strategic partnerships with like-minded EdTech companies whose innovative services enhance the learning experience. eThink welcomed many new partners to the fold this year, including:
- eLearning Innovation
- Blindside Networks (providing BigBlueButton)
- EDC Technology (providing CampusAnyware)
- Course Merchant
Awards & Recognitions
In recognition of eThink’s achievements and rapid growth in the past couple of years, eThink was awarded the 16th Annual Maryland Incubator Company of the Year Award in the Education Technology field.
Conferences in 2016
We traveled all over the U.S. this year attending various industry conferences where we were able to meet new people, make new partners, and best of all… talk about Moodle! From ISTE, to Campus Technology, to DevLearn, eThink left footprints all over the country. Here’s some of the team at this year’s Moodle Moot…
Some Fun Facts
- eThink continued to expand our industry-leading Services Team to help us continue providing unparalleled Moodle service and support.
- We continued our streak of rapid growth by adding many new clients to the eThink family, highlighted by a significant number of new college and university partners (don’t just take our word for it – read about it here!). We also saw an acceleration of growth in the K-12, Corporate, Government, and Nonprofit sectors. Professional Education was the fastest growing sector of our business this past year.
- Tucker, our four-legged eThink mascot, began giving tours of 1111 Light St.
- We were knee deep in iced coffee and breakfast burritos at the home office in Baltimore, which is a combination that we found generates stellar ideas and helps maximize productivity.
- Our Sales Team provided 40 educational webinars & 437 individual demonstrations to inform the world of the learning possibilities that are available with Moodle by eThink. We had a total of 6,375 individuals attend an eThink webinar in 2016!
- We began using Slack for team communication and were introduced to one of the greatest inventions in technology history: Giphy! Communication has never been the same. /Giphy rules!
- Our fearless leader and CEO finally perfected The Worm and now his dance moves simply cannot be beat!
All in all, eThink had a great year and we enjoyed every step of the way.
Here’s to an even better 2017!
-The eThink Team